Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Buzz Kill...

Obviously stoked on the progress of the cart I was ready for another productive jam session on the build. But it was not to be... My friend called Sunday morning to say her garage was broken into and all of my tools were gone! MuthaFugger! I'm sure Karma will see to it that the punk thieves get a proper beatdown, but I do kinda wish I could be at least a spectator to said deserved beating. But as Jason Lee has taught the nation (with the help of NBC), we don't get to decide when Karma dishes out that which is deserved/earned. It's like any other religion, you just gotta have faith. And unfortunately, rarely are random acts of Karma as funny as they are with Earl.

Luckily none of the cart parts (nor the big wheels) were disturbed - the thieves must have watched me work in that garage all day, and knew exactly where the tools were. I am surprised they didn't go for the wheels. Too late now you loser! I spent the day removing everything, and I'll be transferring it to my bros house 45 minutes away. He has tons o' tools so I can continue the build. It will set me back at least a week though. Just sucks having to travel to work on it. But he's anxious to help out and he can certainly help me make sure certain things are done right, particularly the light wiring.

So... Determined to still get something accomplished, I took apart the motor in my basement. The old field coil reluctantly released its hold on the housing, and tonight I'll try to clean out the motor and then install the new coil. I think the majority of everything will get done this weekend, but I'll still have brake issues to solve, and new lights to purchase and install.

Updated: May 31 - See comment to this post for a good helping of Karma - didn't want to get too far off topic of the cart blog, but figured since I brought it up, it deserved a follow-up when it presented itself. And it did.

Comments:
Ask and you shall receive - Now I know these are not the thieves that stole my tools - but this assures me that Karma gods are paying attention and delving out good and bad Karma where appropriate. I think I'll go mow my neighbors lawn to help bolster my own. :)
______from Yahoo News_____
Former Marine fends off Atlanta robbers
Tue May 30, 11:22 AM ET
ATLANTA - A former Marine used a pocket knife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, had been walking home from his job waiting tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said.

One of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol, Stephens said.

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car but police found them later at a hospital where the girl was pronounced dead. The man stabbed in the incident was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and aggravated assault charges and are suspected in other robberies over the past week, Stephen said.

Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off the group.

"I would say he had to do what he had to do to stop the threat," Stephens said. "You can tell his training kicked in and he knew what to do."

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?