Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Almost runnin'... Grrrr...

The Brothers Three all spent the day in a garage working on various projects from wiring lights on a trailer, tweaking a mower, firing up a waverunner, testing a quad, and piecing together the ConcretinCart.

BEFORE the lift...


and AFTER... I like it!

Got the front shocks on, no problem. Finally ended up getting the longer ones at Napa... should have started there. The rear shocks however... no MAJOR problems but they are much fatter than the stock ones, SO... they don't really fit width wise... they are right up against the lift risers, so we lightly hammered the top cover on the shock to give it a flat spot that would fit JUST barely. But I don't think it would have mattered really, cause the shocks are stiff, and I don't expect them to ever compress enough to hit. I probably could have put in 2x4s and got the same ride! (I was warned about this already, and I did expect the stiff ride.)




Cleaned up a bit and "rustoleumed" the battery rails.

Bro got the brakes adjusted, and the new "movable contact" installed. He already had the motor in and the rear tires on. SO, finally started puttin' in batteries and hooking shtuff up, going by my pre tear down labeling... (We used the old wiring, as the new ones aren't in yet.) Got all psyched up, put the seat on, shift in fwd, put the key in, "ready?" Pedal.... nothin'... hmmm... pedal again... key check, FnR check, pedal... NADA...
shoulder drop... dammit...

Double checked all the labels and wiring... correct... Bro busted out the meter and solenoid wasn't doing anything... tried to convince me that my wiring was wrong, but I was 99% sure I labeled it right, and 100% sure I hooked them up as labeled. Got the solenoid to click (movin' wires around) Then he has a revelation... I bet it's that bolt I broke... I bet the solder didn't hold... *sigh* undid the wires, took out the motor and I'll be... bolt was separated from the field coil (again). SO, he's gonna have it welded back on. I'm pretty confident once that's fixed, it'll run.


Notice anything missing above?



SO... still not running yet, and even if it were, don't have lights or new wiring, or seat belt... so still wouldn't be ready for the street. But dammit I really wanted to see(and share) the results of the field coil upgrade... OH WELL! Sorry folks. Maybe next week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?