Friday, June 16, 2006

 

It stirs...

As I suspected... got the bolt WELDED back into position, motor reassembled, reinstalled... and wa la! The ConcretinCart is ALIVE! Ok, so maybe just "alive." It is still painfully slow. So I'm somewhat disappointed with the field coil upgrade. BUT I am optimistic as the batteries probably don't have a full charge, they've been sittin' awhile, and I don't have the new 4G wiring. I'm also hoping that once the lights, stickers, diamond plate and a good thorough scrubbin are all complete, that it'll look good enough to still bust it out every morning. (The cool factor's gotta be there or it's gotta go MUCH faster. And I don't have the funds for faster.)

But it runs! And there is a good amount of coolness with the lift and tires. It did not like my bros hilly street at all... barely made it up, felt like a power issue... so perhaps the 48V option is the next step? We'll see how I feel about it after it's truly complete. But mechanically I feel pretty good. I tore it down, and put it back together and it still runs. So at least I didn't make it any worse.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?