Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Productivity

Didn't have much time to work on it last night... but apparently, with big brother help, I didn't need much. In just under 2 hours we had the wheels off, complete front end suspension disassembled, and the rear axle dismounted, shocks and all. I certainly couldn't have done that on my own in 4+ hours. I would have ended up cutting the shocks off the back as it took both of us really cranking on them to get them removed. We debated on fabricating and welding new shock mounts on the front, but finally decided to just get longer shocks and not fuss with it. (Or make extra work for anyone else, as we weren't gonna do it.) He'll have the shock mount straightened out Thursday, and check out the scraps of diamond plate for a new front cover... But we'll wait to determine this shape and size after we settle on a headlight configuration. Man, this is gonna be fun. I spent another hour at home cleaning up the motor. I'll have to get new nuts for the field coil as the end bolts are bigger than the original (and one was stripped anyway). That and shocks will be my challenge for Thursday afternoon.

And no matter how much the big bro shakes his head at me in that "you're such a dork lil' brother" fashion, I think he's gonna like it too. Particularly when he's riding around with his daughters.

FrontEnd Dismantled

RearEnd Dismantled

Out with the old, in with the new... field coils

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?